Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Fax Server

I have a new install running Cisco Fax Server (Captaris 9.0) and I'm having the issue enabling the OCR converter. Fax Server is up, receiving faxes and sending to exchange if OCR is disabled on the user's mailbox. If I enable the OCR option on the user's Default Receive Settings then the faxes just sit in the OCR queue and never get serviced. Here are the steps I've done.

* Enabled the OCR service on the Workserver

* Validated my licensed features have the OCR converter option (assuming it does cause it's listed in licensed features)

* Given my user OCR permissions

* Configured automatic OCR conversion on the user's fax/mailbox.

These are all the steps referenced in the docs.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6178/c1945/ccmigration_09186a008040f768.pdf

Anyone know if the Event Viewer is the only logging for this application. Turned up both system and database logging to verbose and still no luck.

Thanks

Fred

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Cisco Fax Server

The problem was fixed by deleting the Workserver and re-adding it. All the configuration was correct but the work server was just not functioning correctly.

Debugging can be turned on by issuing this command when the workserver service is stopped.

worksrv d -1 -sworksvr1 > debug.txt

(worksvr# is the number of your workserver)

Thanks

Fred

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.