cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco gateways and Clarent Gateways (interacting)

gviera
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having trouble to make Cisco gateways interact with my clarent gateways. If I send calls through a clarent gateway to a cisco gateways (I am using Clarent Gatekeeper) the cisco places the call to the pstn and I connect and hear the other part talking but hey connot hear me.

I thought that it was a codec problem but I chaged so many time the codec that I could certanly say that's not. So Can someone that has Clarent Cisco interaction experience give some tips.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

murabi
Level 4
Level 4

There are some documented limitations involving Clarent, listed at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/voipsol/longd.htm#80904

nmouts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Really it seems like a codec problem. Please provide me the sw releases of the Clarent GWs and GKs as well as cisco GWs release. I have succeeded interoperability with some sw versions so if youare using the same i can provide you some tips. Thanks

Hi, can you send me any sample configs for Cisco ? Do you have any experience with Clarent GK <-> Cisco GK interoperability?

Thank you in advance. My email is nika@hotmail.ge

eyabane
Level 1
Level 1

We have the solution to your problem.

I work for a company that makes VoIP software for this very purpose. Many of our customers are using our product to interface between Clarent and Cisco networks. drop me a note at epatasse@nextone.com and i will make sure you get all the information you need.

Regards

E.