Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco H.323 Direct Endpoint Signaling Deployment

Hi Guys,

I am going to configure a Quintum VOIP Gateway using H.323 v4 to connect to iBasis Cisco Gatekeeper domain through the internet according the topology below:

PSTN<-->QUINTUM GATEWAY<-->CISCO 3640 GK<--Internet 512 Kbps-->iBasis VOIP NETWORK<--> iBASIS CISCO GATEWAY<-->PSTN

Quintum Gateway belongs to Domain1 and Cisco 3640 belongs to Domain2 (iBasis), they are interconnected to each other via an ethernet segment.

My doubt is regarding how Direct Endpoint Signaling should be deployed. Do I need a direct and physical connection between the Gateway Quintum and Cisco Gateway (iBasis) to exchange H.225/H.245 Call Signaling or it should be done through iBasis Cisco gatekeeper?

Thanks and Regards,

Milton

1 Reply 1

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

I donot think a direct physical connection is required between the gateways for direct-endpoint signaling to work.

When the Quintum gateway signals h225 call setup to the Cisco gateway, it will send the signaling packets to the IP address of the Cisco gateway, so at that point the Gatekeeper will just act as a router and route the packets to the destination path.

HTH,

Partha