cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IAD2423 Multi Port Analog Voice Interface

lopezasp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that requires 24 port FXO and use as analog gateway. If I will use VG200 it require me to provide 6 boxes. Is there anyone who knows what is the best solution with my problem.

When I search the cisco website I found this IAD2423. Now my question is this,

1. Can I use IAD2423 to replace the VG200 because it support 8FXO ports?

2. Does it support only 8Port?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Yes you can use the FXO ports on the IAD2400

2. There will be 2 IAD2400 boxes that have FXO ports:

IAD2421-16FXS8FXO

IAD2424-16FXS8FXO

And those boxes are set to be available in the December/January timeframe according to the doc:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/as/ia2400/prodlit/i2420_qp.htm

Thank you for your response.

By the way, is this the only solution that cisco have for now? Does cisco have any analog voice gateway that has more than 8 ports?

I mean 8FXO ports...

I don't think there are many low cost, high density FXO solutions right now, most likely because if you are looking at using that many PSTN lines, it usually makes more financial sense to have a digital circuit like a T1.

I think there are still developments being made in this area though, perhaps higher density FXO VICs, but I can't really say for sure, you should probably talk with your account rep to try to get more details.

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: