Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP 7911 phones

sullyjman
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Got a quick question, we purchased and installed a bunch of 7911s last year for a location. Over the last year I have had to replace several of the phones (about 20) within the first year. The warranty ran out on them and now im having to purchase replacements.

The symptons I am having is I will come into a room and the phone will be powered off (we have POE switches). When I plug the phone in the phone LED lights will flash for a second and then nothing else. Nothing ever comes up on the LCD screen at all during this time. I have moved it to different ports with the same results. We are a huge Cisco shop that has mainly 7940/60s and never had a problem with them. Has anyone else had this problem?

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These are corrupt flash issues usually recoverable.

Power off, hold # when powering up, wait for the LED to flash in sequence. Release #, press 0123456789*0#. Phone will factory reset and request term11.default.loads and the associated FW files. You must have these on your TFTP server.

Thank you, I will give that a try and report back!!!

Any reason why this happens? The phones were installed fine and it just seems randomly they decided to start doing this.