Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Cisco IP communicator

Dear All,

I'm connecting through WebVPn into my coorporate network and i register cisco ip communicator successfuly on our call manager 4.

Although when i want to make a phone to an external user means i'm going through the voice gateway i can't and i'm getting on call managre this error :

Error: MtpNoMoreResourcesAvailable - No more MTP resources available.

Recommended Action: Install additional MTP or transcoder resources..

What i must do?

Re: Cisco IP communicator

It sounds like the IP Communicator is using the wrong codec type to communicate with the gateway to the PSTN.

Can you make calls from IP Communicator to internal phones ok? If yes which codec are you using? (probably G711). If not check whether you have IP Communicator configured to use low bandwidth codecs.

Preferences > Audio > Optimize for low bandwidth

If yes turn this off. If you still cannot call an internal phone then review the Partition, CSS and Device Pool settings of the IP Communicator softphone and set these to be the same as those of a phone on the internal network and then try again.

You should hopefully be able to call an internal phone now but will probably be using G711 (80 kbps per call). If you have the bandwidth to support this over the VPN great. If not then you will need to configure regions to allow you to use G729.

Good Luck

Community Member

Re: Cisco IP communicator

Hi james,

where i will configure G729?

CreatePlease to create content