Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco IP Phone 7940. Problem with saving ringer volume

Hi everyone,

Do you have any ideas how I can solve following problem:

One of our customers wants to adjust volume of his IP Phone (for example he wants volume to be quiet) and also wants it to be saved so that after IP Phone is powered off and then powered on, volume setting remain the same (quiet). I've recommended him to do it this way: Settings menu -> Ring type -> select ring type, press "Select", then press "Play" and while melody is being played adjust volume using "+" and "-" buttons -> OK -> Exit -> Save. He've done it using this instruction but after the phone was powered off and on volume became very loud instead of staying quiet. With my IP Phone 7940 this works great. All settings for these phones in CCM4.1 are the same.

I appreciate every advice.

Katya.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Cisco IP Phone 7940. Problem with saving ringer volume

A range of 30-40% packet error could be considered normal, especially in a mixed mode environment. Another source of CRC errors is overlapping cells using the same frequency. You mentioned there are close to 140 Access Points distributed in two buildings. It is very likely that you will have more than one AP covering the same area and if they are using the same

channel that will cause collisions and the CRC errors will increase.

In a wireless environment we really do not worry about the packet errors but we focus mainly

Views
Helpful
Replies