Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco IP phones with only incoming calls not outgoing calls

The problem in one of our client place where we implemented the Cisco IPT using Cisco Callmanager 4.1 running on MCS 7800 server with the IP phones being used over there are 7940G, 7912G. is that sometimes the phones are unable to call outside but they can receive calls from outside. When on the Cisco CallManager Administration web console reset the gateway (by going to Devices> Gateway, then check the box next to the gateway and click reset) the outgoing calls can be performed again.

Where will the problem be either in callmanager or the voice gateway router 1760?

Please let us know the solutions to this issues asap.

Thanks

swamy

2 REPLIES

Re: Cisco IP phones with only incoming calls not outgoing calls

I would check the IOS version you are running, first off, and use Bug Tool or downloads to see if there are VOIP issues with the Feature Set or Train you are using. I know from the past, I personally had MANY problems with the 1760 router platform and had to try several IOS Ts to find one that worked consistently. The other thing you ought to look at is whether it is an MGCP or H.323 gateway. I would suggest redeploying as an H.323, as it can be a bit more manageable. The difference is:

MGCP => CallManager controls dial plan with Part / CSSs

H.323 => the router control dial plan with dial peers in IOS

HTH,

Re: Cisco IP phones with only incoming calls not outgoing calls

Thank you for your tips that are very helpful. I will follow all and one more thing that we are using h.323 as you suggetsed.

Thanks

swamy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content