cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Softphone app doesn't Uninstall

rlbrumm
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem unistalling the IP Softphone application from my PC. It shows up in different placed on my machine from when I had to re-load or re-install. How can I get rid of ALL copies of the softphone app? When I run the un-install it asks if want to unload all parts of the Softphone but I still find older version and multiple versions in different files even after the uninstall.

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

I guess, this is due to improper install/uninstallation. It seems that some of the files still exist even after uninstallation. The best way to clean this up is to

1. Go to control Start->Settings->Control Panel-> Add remove programs . Remove both the Cisco IP Softphone and the Cisco TSP applications one after another.

2 .Delete the folder for Softphone from C:\Program Files\Cisco IP Softphone

3. Also delete the folder containing uninstall information by finding only the files related to softphone from C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information

check for the entry "Appname=CiscoIPSoftphone" in the setup.ini file .

4.Remove registry entry for Softphone

5.Restart the PC

6.Re-install the SoftPhone.

This should help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: