Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco IP Telephony Applications Backup

Cisco Call Manager 3.1(1) back-ups its crucial database with the application called Cisco IP Telephony Applications Backup.

Currently, I am backing up all files to a centralized network directory. The back-up process is running fine. The back-up file name is called MCS.sti.

I have question here. Changes are oftenly made on my Cisco Call Manager (weekly basis) hence, I want to archieve my back-up file (MCS.sti) daily. But, it seems like, this CCM back-up utility will always back-up the same file name. Thus, everytime a new back-up file is created, it will override the previous one.

So, where can I have the feature to rename the back-up based on the current date and time ? Thanks !

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Cisco IP Telephony Applications Backup

There is nothing that you can configure using the backup software, as you said it will always use the same file name.

You'll have to do the work yourself Im afraid, you'll need to write a batch file. The way I would do it is to backup your files to a central network directory as you are doing, then on the central network server, write a batch file in DOS (or whatever, pearl etc etc) that will copy or rename the MCS file to MCS, then make this batch file run at say 6am every morning.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.