Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CISCO IP/TV

We have a system with IP/TV content manager, IP/TV servers and IP/TV viewer. Version is 3.2. In the system there are also two filing servers with a capacity of 24 hours and 250 hours. In the filing servers there are the "IP/TV server" software.

In terms of architecture I have the 24h filing server as local "cache" of the remote 250h server: the client have to receive the last 24h On-Demand files from the local server and the remaing from the remote.

My problem is:

When the 24 hours filing server is full, I have to delete the older files in order to free disk space.

-CAN CONTENT MANAGER TO DO THAT???

-HOW TO DO THAT???

2 REPLIES

Re: CISCO IP/TV

There is no way to delete content on a remote server from Content Manager - version 3.2 or otherwise. There may be some NT or 2K tools to help you manage drive content (I'm not familiar enough with Windows tool sets to know if this is a true statement or not). If not, you can use tools such as PC anywhere to manage a remote box.

Re: CISCO IP/TV

OK, but if i cancel a video on a server, the content manager will have some probleme on its database?

With some tests i saw that he recognize immediately that the file was delete, but i don't know if i create some probleme deleting file continuously.

Can i go to modify the database's entry with Access, to clear the Ondemand's program associated to the file previously deleted?

I know that is not so correct but it's only to keep automatic the operation of cleaning.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies