cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IPMA Service on the Assistant phone

jhzepeda
Level 1
Level 1

The Manager phone shows the service correctly and I can make changes. It does not show any available assistants. But on the Assistant phone, when I go to service>Cisco IPMA, I get this error message "Cisco IPMA Service is not supported on this Device" It is a 7960. Does the Assistant need to subscribe to the IPMA service?

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Ensure that the phone you are using is associated with a User who is configured to be a Manager in the IPMA user configuration on the CCM.

I ran into the same problem. The Assitant does not use the IPMA Service on the IP Phone, only the Manager does. The Assistant uses the IPMA Console from their PC to the control the Manager's phone. That can be found at:

http:///ma/Install/IPMAConsoleInstall.jsp

where IPMAserver specifies the IP address of the server that has the IPMA service running on it. Once the application installs, the Assistant can then control the Manager's DN, assuming all the IPMA settings are correct for the users. Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: