cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IVR and Unity

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a CallManager 3.1.1 install w/ Unity 2.4.6.135 . The salesteam has generated an interesting "opportunity" that I hope someone has encountered before. The building that this is located in will be a County Justice Center. The occupants include the sheriff's office, prosecuting attorney, and parole officers. <br><br>The dilemna I have is as following: They have also purchased Cisco's IVR product and I am wondering how this interacts w/ Unity.<br><br>I have about 25 deputies who will not have fixed phones only a Unity extension. The public will need to reach them via a main number and then through some sort of menu. My question is what is the best way to accomplish this, given the fact that I have a quasi-multi-tenant building? BTW the other offices other than the sheriff will have operators answering their lines, while the sheriff will use an AA.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Israel <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

There is not direct interaction between the Cisco IVR and Unity as yet. Maybe someday in the future.
Right now, the IVR connects to the CM and works it magic there. Unity works with the CM and takes care of the regular Voice Mail stuff.
Unity cannot and should not do some of the IVR features. So you can use the IVR to route the calls to the phones. If the phones do not answer, they will get routed to Unity VM.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com