Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco jabber 10.5 issue

aslam.bajwa
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All ,

i have cisco jabber 10.5 , on chat window Attchement and Cut-past Icons are disabled.  please advice

moreover my  callmanager 10.5 is not integrated with Active directory . i am using callmanager users what could be the drwa back of this scenario .

i am unable to add contact through contact Icon .

can any one explain me the difference b/w cisco jabber with and withot active directory . ( any cisco document )

thank you all

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. Ensure that file transfer is enabled on XCP router. Also that your jabber-config.xml file has not disabled them.
  2. That depends on which directory source you have chosen: UDS or EDI. The correct choice is likely UDS if you're not synchronizing with an upstream LDAP source.
  3. Again your directory source matters here. If you are doing EDI the username value, typically sAMAccountName if Active Directory, must match the username as it exists within CUCM IM&P.
  4. The Deploy and Install guides are your best bet.

Dear Jonathan Schulenberg

1.Ensure that file transfer is enabled on XCP router. Also that your jabber-config.xml file has not disabled them.

XCP router value is ON , i did not used jabber-config.xml because i am using callmanger users (manully configured )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: