Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Meeting Place requirements and solution

Hi There,

I would like to have a on-site; server based manageable audio conference solution in our organization. We have 1 HO. and 25 remote branches located over the country. The Audio system should work via our data network. We have point to point and MPLS link throughout the network.

Audio conference can be held through outlook express/web browser. If not, we can also opt for 1/2 IP Telephones in each Remote site. The HO audio/conference requirement is for 15 users.

We also need to setup conference/Boardroom VC in the Head Office where all the HO Dept Managers would sit in case of remote site conference meeting.Also note that we have data connectivity in all the branches but Internet connections may/may not be available in some of the remote branches.

I have gone through Cisco unified MeetingPlace and looks like a perfect solution to us. Could you please advise if this is the best solution for our audio solution. If yes, Please advise how this would work and suggest part code and license information.

Thanks

Aakash.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Aakash,

Yes MeetingPlace may be a good fit.  MeetingPlace uses CUCM for all the call control so internal and external calls come to CUCM and over to MeetingPlace.  You can use Outlook to schedule meetings.

Let me know if you would like to talk more about this.

John

Hi John!

Could you please provide me technical architecture of how this would work? What is the bandwidth requirement? And the components required for complete setup. We also need to setup a BoardRoom  in HO with same parameter- Only Audio.

We do not want webex integration into it. I believe Webex is cloud/subscription based. We require on-site with local server installations and with fixed one time installations. However, re-occurring license can be subscribed.  We require purely Audio system and conference when required over our network.

In addition we do have IBM and HP servers in place if any server requirements are needed for installations.

Regards

Aakash.

Bronze

This works on your voice network.  There is a centralized server usually located in the same location as your CUCM with a SIP connection between the two.  Bandwidth requirements are the same as a phone call. If you are using G.711, then 60K+ per call. Each participant calls into the system on either an internal number or on a PSTN line with a dedicated phone number(s). The enter the meeting ID and are in the meeting. Beside scheduled meetings reservationless is also supported.   The MP Application Server handles managing the voices in a meeting and is the only server required.

MP runs on specific MCS server listed below and won’t install/be supported on other MCS servers.

MCS 7845-I3-RC2 Dual Intel E5540 2.53 GHz, 4x300 HDD, 8GB RAM

HP equivalent: DL380-G6 Server, part number AX693A

MCS 7845-I2-RC2 (end-of-sale 12/09) Dual Intel 5140 2.33 GHz, 4x146GB HDD, 4GB RAM

MCS 7845-H2-RC2 (end-of-sale 7/09) Dual Intel 5140 2.33 GHz, 4X146 GB HDD, 4GB RAM

HP equivalent: DL380-G5 Server, part number 470064-887

MCS 7835-I3-RC1 Single Intel 5504 Quad-core 2.00 GHz, 2x146 HDD, 4GB RAM

HP equivalent: DL380-G6 Server, part number AX690A

Note: The MCS 7835-I3-RC1 does not support multinode deployments.

The following URL (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps5664/ps5669/tsd_products_support_series_home.html) is the location of a lot of the MP documentation.

Hope this helps.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies