Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco or Avaya

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

From scalability point of view could someone give me some pointers as why cisco IPT solution might be better than Avaya.

We are a company with over 400 sites accross the world, a Lot of GRE tunnels and slowly moving towards MPLS.

I need to make a strong case that cisco AVVID solution works better than Avaya.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris,

What document are you refering to? i do not see any comparison at the link you sent me.

Parwal,

Look specifically at the Competitive Information where it compares Unity versus Avaya solution, IPCC versus Avaya call center solution, etc.

For instance check this one.

http://www.cisco.com/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/Avaya_IPC_AAG_v2.pdf

(derived from the one Chris posted before).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Sankar,

I do agree in the one stop shop idea, to a point. (If cisco had a CRM, Workforce Management or a Dialer application that only worked on a cisco data network, that would be ridiculous ? ) Why should my data transport dictate my application pick ??

Also, when comparing IPCC/Unity to Avaya's contact centerand messaging solutions hate to say it but cisco falls short, especially in the contact center arena. I had IPCC Enterprise for many agents and have now migrated over to avaya for many reasons.(this is my opinion, and i'am sure others will disagree)

My point being competitive information is just that, competitive information that is slated towards cisco. and by the way my cisco AM shared that information about avaya and you know what? all the information was very outdated and provided unfair representation of the avaya product.. my 2 cents

It's always a good idea to have an open mind and look at thinks in more detail, and not discount because you are not familiar with it.You might learn something new :)

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I would love to have a one stop shop, one toll free number to call for support for your data and voice issues...you will also have few fingers pointing at each other when you run into a crisis.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus