Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco router 2611(IP-IP gateway) and Cisco CallManager Compatability Issue

Hi,

I have the following network.

Cisco SIP Phones (3322) <-> SIP Express Router (non-cisco SIP Proxy router) <-> SIPH323 Converter (non-cisco) <-> Cisco router 2611XM (acting as IP to IP Gateway) <-> Cisco CallManager <-> Cisco Skinny Phones (1133).

First Problem (SIP->Skinny):

---------------------------

When I call from SIP phone to skinny phone, the skinny phone rings. But when I take the hook, it gives me busy tone. I see from ethereal that the router is sending H.225.0 cs: Release Complete message to CallManager. My router dial-peer config is

dial-peer voice 300 voip

dest pattern 1133

session target CM's IP address

codec g711alaw

and my CallManager configuartion is: I use my default device pool that has default region using codec g711. I could also see that cisco skinny IP phone config. in CallManager uses default device pool defined above.

Second problem (Skinny->SIP):

-----------------------------

The same network configuartion is assumed. When I call from Skinny to SIP phone, the SIP phone just rings once. The SIP phone doesn't seem to ring continuosly (could not hear the dail tone) but shows a missed call from skinny phone.

When I traced the call flow using ethereal, I see again the following

router CallManager

|----------->| H.225.0 cs:Alerting

|<-----------| H.245 TerminalCapabiltySet

|----------->| H.245 Terminal CapabiltySet

|----------->| H.245 MasterSlaveDetermination

|<-----------| H.245 TerminalCapabaility Ack

|----------->| H.225.0 cs:Release Complete

My dial-peer config is

dial-peer voice 201 voip

dest patt 3322

sess tar. SIP Proxy's IP

codec g711alaw

So, the conclusion is in both cases the router is sending Release complete message to CallManager. So I guess there is some capability mismatch between router and CallManeger. I guess SIPH323 is flexible to use any codec and SIP Express Router also supports any codec scheme.

Having given these problems, my Questions are

1. Could anyone direct me to a document explaining how to configure a Cisco IP to IP gateway router (Cisco 2611XM).

2. similarly aboutconfiguartion related to cisco callmanager releated to this issu.e

3. A possible solution for these problems.

Any suggestions would be of great help to me.

Thanks,

Balaji

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Cisco router 2611(IP-IP gateway) and Cisco CallManager Compa

The 'codec' need to be set to 'transparent' instead of 'g711alaw'

as specified in your configuration. Then the Cisco 2611 will let the

end points (in your case the CCM and SIP-express router) do the codec

negotiation transparently rather than enforcing any choice of codec.

Have you tried the configurations like what is specified in

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/vvfax_c/callc_c/h323_c/ipipgw/ipcfgs.htm#1030827

Views
Helpful
Replies