cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Softphone support with ICM 4.6.1

f.chiesa
Level 1
Level 1

Does Anybody know if the cisco Softphone (the call manager standard softphone) works and it is supported with ICM? I know that there is the specific IPCC softphone but our customer has already buyed (and used for IPT) the "normal" softphone and We need to know if He can use them or He has to buy the other one.

Thanks in advance,

Fabio Chiesa

5 Replies 5

futuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fabio,

The standard CallManager softphone does not have the functionality required to interface with the ICM's CTI server (e.g. for agent login, state changes, screen pop etc.). You'll either need to install a ready made desktop such as the Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD) or create a desktop with the CTI Toolkit or CTI OS.

Regards, Gary

Thanks for your reply,

only a confirm: if I use the CAD or another new one CTI bar, at the end CAN I use the basic cisco softphone only for the media termination? Obviously it is not the best solution because I will have two separate "program" but in this way I will not to buy the IPCC softphone!

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

The Cisco Agent Desktop has the option of using Media Termination with a sound card installed in the agent's PC. This option is used when agents don't have an IP Phone on their desks. If you chose this option, then you would not need to install the basic Cisco softphone, but you would still need to buy the CAD software.

I have not tried using a basic Cisco softphone for media termination in conjunction with the CTI Desktop. It may be possible to do this, if it did work, you may need to check with Cisco that this configuration is supported. I suspect not!!

Regards, Gary

Thanks a lot Gary for the info. I will check with cisco stuff in my country for the "official support".

Fabio

HI,

I just wanted to confirm, if i have to creat screen pop, i just need to install the following componets only right.

Directory serverf, desktop administrator and Desk Top agnet.

And i should be able to creat Screen pop ups with the desktop administrator.

Thats what the Cisco document says.

Thanks,

Raj.