Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco TSP & .NET

I know a few have tried this using atapi.net from julmar.com.

I'm wondering, how do you manage to get device state events using that approach? For reasons out of my control I need to monitor tapi and provide the following information:

upon initialization, a list of phones with their lines (directory numbers) and state (registered, unregistered).

Then, a notification whenever a phone / line goes down / comes back up.

Lines that are added / removed to TAPI control

Phones that are added / removed to TAPI control.

I can get the list of phones but I seem to miss the link to Line / Address as well as being able to get their state.

I also don't get any phone events but in fact I don't see where in atapi.net I should get PHONE_STATE message mentioned in the TAPI developer guide (looking at the options of that event I believe that's the one that would tell me if a phone goes down / comes up again).

Similarly, I don't see when a line becomes active/inactive (when a phone is plugged in and registers with CCM or when a phone is unplugged).

I get all this info in JTAPI with no trouble but I need it in TAPI and I'll be damned if I start to write native code for an obscure API just to prove that somebody else isn't doing their job properly (I need to prove that a third party vendor or cisco mess up).

1 REPLY

Re: Cisco TSP & .NET

Alright I've made some progress. If I add the AddressChanged to each Line, then I see when a line goes offline and comes offline and I see the line status during startup.

Now I'm only missing phone state.. I spoke to the developer of atapi.net and he confirmed that even though the lib registeres for PHONE_STATE messages, they are not being returned.

That leaves me with phone state upon startup.. anybody has an idea how to get that?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content