Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unified Border Element

Experts,

I have a case where a customer has two SIP networks. On one side has a cluster with the Communications Manager and other PBX IP system with a Panasonic.

Systems are independent, however, are interconnected via a network MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) and there are overlapping of the extensions.

The doubt is:

1) Can I use the Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) for this scenario?

2) It is necessary to use two devices (CUBE), one for each system, or is sufficient just one to the side of the Communications Manager?

I thank you and I'll be waiting.

Luciane

2 REPLIES
Blue

Hi Luciane,

Following are the document done by Cisco for CUBE.  Things are not testes with Panasonic but you may see which other product is similar to your Panasonic PBX and use that document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805bd13d.html

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hello, Ronak.

Thank you for your feedback.

Here the response of the PDI:

"As long as the router you select can handle the number of simultaneous calls (and calls per second) between the two PBXs, you should be fine with one CUBE. The overlapping dial plan could cause a problem, but if you prepend a digit for each site, you should be able to avoid this at the dial peer level with digit stripping (i.e. to dial Panasonic site use 4+DN, dial CUCM site 5+DN; then at the destination dial peers, strip off the leading number before it sends it to the respective PBX)."

Thanks!!!

Luciane

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content