cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity and CallManager

Hunt.Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any reason why the last voicemail port on a CallManager should be forwarded back to the first voicemail port? Is this a default setting? What does it achieve by doing this?

Or is this just how Cisco Unity and CallManager works?

Thanks for help in advance,

Lee

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

No, there isn't any reason why you should, and plenty of reasons why you shouldn't. The voicemail port wizard will /optionally/ let you forward-busy the last voicemail port to an operator, but never back to the first port - there's no reason, and it just sets up a loop. If you don't forward it to the operator, you just leave it unforwarded and calls to voicemail go to busy when all ports are full.

>> it just sets up a loop.

You can set "Forward Maximum Hop Count" so that it does not do that. That's under Service Parameter, Callmanager service. The field might be different on the callmanager version but it's the hop counts.

Since I don't do much design work, I won't comment on forward busy to the first port. I'd probably do forward no answer to operator as this might indicate that the VM server is down.

H. M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: