Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unity Call Handler No Response from Caller and After Hours Routing

Our Cisco voice landscape covers a lot of ground: multiple hospitals, office buildings, and very many (ever adding on) isolated medical practices in the Region. Currently I need to resolve one problem, the night routing, and, I’m also trying to standardize as much as possible for all of our sites the way we handle things like Call Handlers, Routing to Answering Service, etc. So I would be very grateful if you could  help to clarify two things:

1. No Response to Call Handler Choices:  When a caller is presented to a call handler with various menu choices, the greeting plays twice, caller makes no choices (known some places as ‘No Response’):

Question: When the caller does not respond to menu choices how do you then route the call straight to a DN (NOT to a Call Handler,  user with mailbox, Interview, Conversation, etc.).  In this case it involves a medical practice and when a caller makes no keypad choices we want to route the call straight to the front desk. (much the same as ‘rotary or pulse’ callers used to be handled.

1. After Hours Routing to Answering Service: For the same medical practice we have a schedule of 8-430 M-F governing the Call Handler. Outside those hours we want the caller routed directly to the medical practice’s answering service.

Question: What is the best/simplest way to route calls directly to the practice’s answering service during the non-business hours?  

I'll be glad to provide any additional detail as may be helpful, and thank you  for your past support.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

1 Create a new CH and set

1 Create a new CH and set transfer greetings to route to whatever DN you want to reach, on the original CH set after greeting action to attempt transfer to above CH

2 Use ToD in CUCM, or set schedules in CUC

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.