cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Installer Account's password

k.syou
Level 1
Level 1

What is the default password for Cisco Unity Installer Account and would it be possible to change the password form AD.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure I understand the question - there is no default password for the account you choose to install Unity with - you use an account you provide which has whatever password you assigned it.

Can you clarify your question a bit?

k.syou
Level 1
Level 1

Actually I would like to know about the account operates under the AD and has an Exchange alias name of Cisco Unity_Servername. Would it possible for me to change the password for this account?

You shouldn't ever need to change the PW on that particular account if you don't want to - when we create it at install time it's given a random password - we don't use the password to gain access to the mailbox - we have send as/recieve as rights on the mailstores and use that for access.

As long as that account isn't associated with any Unity services in the SCM (it shouldn't be normally but in 3.x some configurations did this) you can change the PW in AD for this guy no problem - it wont mess us up. If it is associated with a service you'll need to be sure to change the PW in the SCM as well.