cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco/Unity OU Abandoned?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Yeah me again :-) In the process of solving my earlier issues (thanks by the way - making headway...I ran into a possible issue with our install:<br><br>I had mentioned we seemed to have twin copies of the AllSubscribers, etc. groups - only one of which was populated...<br><br>Looking in AD - I see that the OU Cisco/Unity has those orphaned groups - and the right email addresses - like allsubscribers@ etc.<br><br>the OU Cisco/ however - seems to be where Unity is creating all it's new distribution lists and Internet subscribers...<br><br>i assume in the upgrade process somewhere to 3.1.3 i must have put in a bad value - is there an easy way to fix that short of reinstalling? I'd like it to start populating in /cisco/unity again - and I'd like to eliminate the orphaned(empty) groups - if that's safe...<br><br>THe new groups in /Cisco have email addresses like allsubscribers2@letu.edu and etc...<br><br>Ken Johnson<br>Mgr. Network Services<br>LeTourneau University<br>http://www.letu.edu/

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

This gets a bit tricky since the containers where users/contacts/locations/DLs are created by default in the SA are stored internally as GUIDs which aren’t real friendly for us carbon-based types.

We’re working on a tool to help change these items post-install easily (it’ll probably get rolled into the Permissions Wizard itself) but currently the only way to change this easily is using DOHPropTest.

Fire up DOHPropTest.exe under \commserver\tech tools\ (if you’re running 3.1(3) you’ll find this in the tools depot as well). You do not need a password to perform this function so just hit OK and then “ignore” when it barks about the password and come up in read only mode

Click on the AD Monitor button
Select a domain in the right list box (you probably only have one)
In the right list box you need to change 4 parameters:

NEWMAILUSER_ROOT – this will be something like “CN=users,DC=lindborglabs.com,DC-com”. It’s the “CN=users” that references the container so you would want to change that here and then hit the “set button”

NEWDISTLIST_ROOT – again, this is probably something like “CN=users,DC=lindborglabs.com,DC-com” (it’s probably identical to the users root above). The CN=users portion of this is the container name of interest. Change it and hit “set”

MAILUSER_SEARCH_ROOT – set to the same as the NEWMAILUSER_ROOT and hit set

DISTLIST_SEARCH_ROOT – set to the same as the NEWDISTLIST_ROOT and hit set

Then start a full resync with the TotalResync button… this will take a minute or two and then when you create new users or DLs they should go into the container you specified.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)