cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Reports

manish.jethwa
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder if anybody out there can help me.

I am trying to create an automated process for report collection from unity, Which in effect means I would like to extract the data that Unity generates straight from the SQL database in .CSV format.

Can somebody please let me know the database mapping for Unity so that I am able to pick the correct sql tables. I am having difficulty trying to locate exactly where Unity stores its data in SQL.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Many thanks and hav a nice day.

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well... first, technically this isn't supported by TAC.

that said, I'm working on a set of documents that outline the data object model and, after that, a proper data dictionary. the data dictionary wont be complete till post 4.0 release, just too much to do between now and then, however the data object model document is about complete and covers which tables in which databases basic information is stored... it doesn't go into column definitions, however, which can be a bit hairy. This doc along with the architecture overview document I've been working on will show up in the white papers section on the Unity documentation page before the release of Unity 4.0.

If you have specific report needs that you can detail, I can probably just post the snappy SLQ queries you can use to get what you need.

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your quick reply to my posting.

I was in particular looking for the following reports:

: Date, Total hard disk space on D drive, Free hard disk space on D drive

Date, NumCalls, Call Length for each port

: Mailbox, Storage limit, message size, Storage available

And the last Phone contact information from the subscriber account properties

If you are able to get me the SQL queries for these it would be more than fantastic and highly appreciated.

Cheers and have a nice day!

For the port usage report, check out the Port Usage Analyzer tool I've released for Unity 3.1(4) here:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_PortUsageAnalyzer.htm

It slices it dices and it has lots of pretty graphs. Should do what you need on that front.

As for the message storage info, we will be releasing the Message Store Manager tool for Unity here in 3 or 4 weeks that will have very detailed message storage usage reports that will slice subscribers or groups of subscribers inbox traffic up in many ways and dump the info out to CSV files for you to chew on. This should get you what you need there, I'll post a message out here when it's available on AnswerMonkey.net

There's no snappy SQL query I can run for you to get the HD information off your box, however.

Hi

Jeff - Thanks for that reply you posted which is handy.

Just a final question are you able to let me know where in SQL these reports are - typically I am trying to locate the tables it uses;

System/Storage Report: Date, Total hard disk space on D drive, Free hard disk space on D drive

System/Port Usage: Date, NumCalls, Call Length for each port

Subscriber/Storage Usage: Mailbox, Storage limit, message size, Storage available

When you run the reports from the Unity SA console there must be a location in SQL that Unity goes to collect the information - a database mapping for each report.

I would really like to know where this is.

If you can help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

These reports don't pull their data from SQL (some reports do but not the ones you list here). The storage usage report actually has to talk to the DOH to log into user's mailboxes and get size/limits information for all subscribers (one of the reasons it can take a whiel to run). The port usage data comes from the AvCsMgr data logs under commserver\logs directory.

the database it crunches together ends up in the ReportdDB database in SQL. These are "raw" tables that get converted into HTML or CSV output by the Crystal engine. Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not...

Jeff

Thanks for the reply.

I think im getting to understand how the Unity system carries out its reporting.

Is there any way of scheduling the reports. I would like to automate this process without the need to manually click run for each report.

If you have any ideas - they will be more than welcome.

There's currently no mechanism to schedule reports, unfortunately... this was on the feature list for 2 or 3 releases but the resources to do it always got pulled off to work on something considered more critical. This isn't on the short term radar at this point...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: