Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity System Greeting

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

when a subscriber record their first and last name, but no greeting. callers here "sorry first name last name is not available, record your msg after the tone....."

Is it possible to edit this system greeting "sorry..." or record a custom greeting and put it in the same location as the system greeting.

My customer wants a standard greeting with one voice that announces the subscriber name during the greeting, but does not want to record the greeting 200 times for each subscriber.

Can this be done?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

All these files are in the Commserver folder. YOu should be able to re-record them.

---Edited---

I checked through a Cisco Unity server here in mhy lab..In CommServer\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G711\AvPHGreet folder, you have files by the name,

AvPHGreetENU018.wav and AvPHGreetENU019.wav.

the first wave files says, sorry.

the second wave files says "is not available".

So it looks like its taking the person's recorded name and sandwitching this wave file between wave files 18 and 19 and play it out. I am not sure how you can tell Unity to not play the name in between.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks,

I will give it a try

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: