Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Is it true that i need a special certification to install Cisco Unity ?

Thanks

Marina

4 Replies 4

mlachberg
Level 1
Level 1

At one time, during the Active Voice days, you needed to be "Unity Certified" in order to speak to a Unity Technical Support Person and they advocated that you need to be Unity Certified in order to install the product. I don't know if that exists with Cisco.

As far as I am aware, YES you need to be Unity certified either as a Unity Technician or Unity Engineer (if I got that right) and you need a Unity SE on staff before you can sell Unity.

Tim, Unity SE

Thanks guys

At Active Voice, there was a requirement to be a Unity Certified Engineer to install and support a Unified Messaging system; and a Unity Certified Technician to install and support a Voice Mail only System. This was put in place to ensure the success of every deployment. At Cisco, there are no processes in place to verify certification for each system sold and when contacting TAC for support.

At Cisco, when a system is sold, there is a cursory check for certification, and if no one is certified, there is a recommendation to either go through Professional Services or another reseller who has certified individuals.

The most important thing to take away from this discussion is how successful each installation will be. If someone is installing Unity is not intimately familiar with how Unity works and with the back end components that interact with Unity, the customer will probably be dissatisfied with the solution.

Unity is not something that someone can learn on the fly. Installing a Unified Messaging solution is not something that can be done successfully without appropriate training and experience.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: