Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco VoIP monitoring???

One of my clients would like detailed monitoring and reporting on their Cisco IPT/VoIP network. I need a very detailed report, not just routers are up/down….more like MGCP/h323 reporting and monitoring registered devices in Cisco Call Manager.

Anyone out there recommend any good programs?

I was looking at Qovia, but they want about $100,000 for their solution

I’m willing to pay for good software but I would also like to pursue open-source if possible.

Chris Serafin

IT Security / Cisco VoIP Engineer

chris@chrisserafin.com

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Cisco VoIP monitoring???

Chris,

With CCM 4.1(3), RTMT does a very good job of monitoring. I get email alerts when MGCP endpoints unregister, route lists are exhausted, and when critical CCM services stop. We have ITEM, but have turned it off, as it offers little more and is a pain to set up and maintain. A combination of CiscoWorks and RTMT can give you real time notification of the important stuff.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

Prognosis is what you need.

You need Prognosis or NetIQ AppManager. Apparent Networks, Fluke Networks and others are options also.

I configured voip in my router by using dial-peer but i am facing one problem sotimes it is connecting for the first time and some cases it take 3 to 4 times to connect. what may be the reason ?

Views
Helpful
Replies