cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VT Advantage with IP Communicator

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Trying to use VTA with Communicator 2.0(1). When I click on the Video Icon on Communicator, the following message appears "Cisco Video Advantage version 2.0(1) is required to work with Communicator 2.0(1). I can't find VTA 2.0(1) on Cisco's site. Is this error message correct?

Thanks!

joe

8 Replies 8

jbouwkamp
Level 3
Level 3

According to the IP communicator admin documentation the following is required:

Cisco IP Communicator 2.0(1), Cisco Unified Video Advantage 2.0(1) and Cisco Unified CallManager version 4.1(3)SR1

Cisco Unified Video Advantage 2.0(1) is not yet released, does anyone know an estimated release date?

VTA 2.0 is expected

to become available mid-year 2006...most likely around May.

Unfortunately there is no beta version of VT Advantage for release.

Perhaps someone for Cisco can commit to a release date. Its quite frustrating that CCM 4.1(3) and IP Communicator have been released for ages but you still can't use VT advantage.

I can't get VT advantage to work with a 7940/61 desktop phone. Phone is video enabled, loaded the VT software - 1.0(2) - but still do not have a connection between the phone and VT advantage. Has to be someting simple - any hints?

Steven,

Do you have latest device loads, also what version of callmanager are u running?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

We are running 4.1.3sr1 with device pack 26.3

Still no release date from Cisco?

Dear All

yes IP communicator 2.0 supports Video telehpony

refer link below more details , it works

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5662/products_data_sheet0900aecd8044de04.html

regards

lalit