Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoIPPhoneExecute Authentication Question

I am wanting to add intercom services to our phone service. The problem I am running into is having to know the username and password of an associated user of any phone I try to page through the intercom. The sdk says I need to send the credentials of a user in the global directory with a device association to the target phone. If I want to intercom someone in another room, I have to know thier username and password in order to connect. In order to get this to work do I need to create a user and associate that account with every device and then use that user/password to authenticate with any device? I don't take care of the Call Manager or user accounts so I want to make sure that this will actually work before suggesting it to our phone admin. If that is not a viable option, is there a way to query the ldap server for the username and password of a user associated to a phone. I'm guessing that due to security issues that is not possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CiscoIPPhoneExecute Authentication Question

Yes, easiest way is to create a user that is assigned to all the phones you wish to be able to perform actions on. Then just use that username/password.

You can try it on a small subset of your phones first to prove the concept before applying it to all devices if you'd like, which may be easier to convince your phoneadmin...

Re: CiscoIPPhoneExecute Authentication Question

Perfect. Works great. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies