cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Voice Health Monitor

GW M
Level 1
Level 1

How many phone will CiscoWorks Voice Health Monitor support? The add phone screen suggests "Maximum number of monitored phones supported" = 100. Does this mean I need another VHM server?

3 Replies 3

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

I couldn't find any reference to the 100 phone limit but if it's in Cisco docs, yes, I would think you'd have to have a number of servers clustered.

sachins
Level 4
Level 4

akumar
Level 1
Level 1

Phone monitoring functionality in VHM is designed to monitor only the key phones in the network. Phones in emerency rooms, phones in lobby areas and other critical business effecting phones are examples of phones that are expected to be monitored via VHM. Hence this feature is restricted to a maximum of 100 phones in VHM 1.1. If someone has more than 100 such phones to monitor, user has to do this from multiple VHM server installs.

ITEM 1.3 Quick Start Guide at the following URL mentions VHM's scalability in terms of phone monitoring feature. Please check the Phone and Device support section in the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2433/products_quick_start09186a00800c49eb.html

VHM does monitor all the switch ports, which have phones connected to them. This feature scales to 10,000 phone ports. The switch ports are monitored for basic operational up/down status and when a port goes down, VHM will generate a port down alert provides the MAC address of the phone that is connected to the port going down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: