cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Citrix with IP Communicator

daniel.williams
Level 1
Level 1

On a Citrix server you are able to run multiple instances of the same application, with a pool of IP addresses. How do you run many instances of IP communicator when the registration with Call Manager is via the MAC address - unfortunately Citrix does not supply a virtual pool of MAC addresses.

Are there any work arounds?

1 Reply 1

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IP Communicator is not supported to run on Citrix. This URL lists the requirements which are Windows 2000 and Windows XP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/products_data_sheet09186a00801f8e48.html#wp42953

From my understanding the issue faced with making this work is the media termination. I'm not a Citrix expert but I believe the media would terminate on the Citrix server then get pushed out to the client PC. Not only do we need to make sure IP Communicator would work in this mode but there are performance issues that are likely with this model.

I would suggest working with your Cisco account team to create a Product Enhancement Request (PERS) to bring this to the attention of development. Once this is done development can evaluate the possibility of adding this support. I suspect that Citrix will need to be involved as well.

Kevin