cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cius AppHQ Error

robloeber
Level 1
Level 1

Playing with my Cius and laucned AppHQ.  I got a message that AppHQ was being updated and would restart automatically.  Once that was done I tried to click on the "Register" button and was greeted with "The applicaiton AppHQ (process.com.cisco.apphq) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Rinse and repeat.

Anyone seen this before or if any Cisco peeps can help out I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

bbonham
Level 4
Level 4

I am seeing the exact same thing.  Is there any workaround for this?

My Cius was running outdated software.  I downloaded the latest and something funny happened.  After I uploaded the new software to the TFTP server I restarted my Cius and then nothing happened.  Then after about two hours a message popped up on the screen and said "there is an update for my Cius would you like to restart now".  I choose yes but the software never updated.  The update still hasnt applied and I still get the errors above.

On a side note, I wanted to comment that the Cius, in its current form, is rather useless. 

- The battery life is wicked horrible.  Maybe six hours on a full charge and that is with it sitting on my desk not using it.

- There is no way to charge a standby battery without it being in the Cius, (Really, Cisco?  How did that ever pass R&D)

- The web browser doesnt work on UC/Collaboration web ui which means I cant administer anything from it

- The power button is flakey.  Mine is sunk so far into the body of the Cius that you can barely get to it to turn it on.

- No way to sign up to AppHQ outside of the Cius platform.  The registeration option in the Cius is broke.

I really hope the next revision isnt this bad or Cisco is going to have a hard time moving them!