cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clarification on CSS, RoutePatterns, etc....

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

This is probly very remedial for everyone, but just so I am clear:

Calling Search Spaces - contain list of Route Partitions

Route Partitions - contain list of Route Patterns

Route Patterns - contains strings of dialed digits assigned to Route Lists

Route Lists - contain list of Route Groups

Route Groups - contain list of designated Gateways

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

That sounds pretty close to me. Did you have a question or just want to clarify that sounds right?

Thank you,

-Mckee

just wanted to clarify. i am looking at my current setup and wanted to see if i can streamline the config by reducing the number of partitions. we are a single site environment with 3 gateways - 1 for long distance, 2 for local - so i am trying to see if i can get by with just one partition (campus).

The number of partitions does not really relate to the number of gateways. CSS are aligned by groups. So if I have a group of people that I only want to allow to call local numbers and IP phones I would create a css for them. Then if I have a partition for IP phones and partitions that allows local calls only. They would still use the same gateway, but I am just deciding whether to allow the call or not. Then I might have a CSS that allows someone to call IP phones, local, and long distance. So the number of partitions is really related to how granular to setup your partitions. If you just have 1 9.@ and you don't care where anybody calls then you could have 1 partition called offnet or whatever. Then maybe a partition for IP phones. The digram should showed before is more of the flow of the call not necessarily a relationship of one to one if that makes since.

I know I have rambled on for a while now I just hope this make sense.

Thank you,

-Mckee