Views
Helpful
Replies

Cleaning Lady???

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We have Callmanager 3.2(3)sr3 and VoiceGateway H.323 T1 PRI.

For example, we create 3 Partitions for Local and Long distance call and international call.

CEO have access for all 3 Partitions.

User have access for all 3 partitions except international call.

Sercuity just only access Local Call Partition.

Our working hour from 9-5. So cleaning lady get in CEO office to clean up and start using his IP Phone to make international call.

Is there anyway to set up a timer for all IP Phone at night time in CCM that only access local call after 5 pm???

Our PBX can setup Class of Service for Day, night 1 and night 2. Why not CallManager???

Thanks

20 Replies 20

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

First off CM can't do everything your PBX can do, and your PBX definately cannot do everything CM can do. Secondly, CallManager currently does not have any of it's own time of day call routing capability. If you would like to implement this you will need to purchase an IVR and use that to acheive your goal.

Hello,

What you could do is implement Extension Mobility. Have the CEO login to the phone and when they leave, the default extension on the phone can make 911 and Internal Calls.... We have done this many times.

Regards,

D

Hi Wilson,

I already implemented Extension Mobility for CEO or high-up people, but they said to me, it is pain in the axx to do login and logout everyday.

You know people, they just want something automatic and dont want any hassle.

But thanks your effort.

Hey,

I know what exactly what you mean. I just want to point out that is good feature if CCM will have in the future. Keep my fingers cross.

Thanks.

Well, If you have an AVAYA pbx just ip enable it and bamm you can do most of the cool things Call Manager can do and accomplish everything you did before. Well, you can't do any of the cool video stuff, but oh well you can do all the vectoring and call routing you need without adding server after server. Just a thought..

boeningc
Level 1
Level 1

Could you use AXL to modify the phone configuration in CCM? Maybe after 5pm set the phone CSS and Partition so it can only make 911 calls and then at 9am set it back?

The program you write (or have written) could run as a scheduled job.

I never heard about AXL? Would you tell me more in details??

Thanks

Check out the Cisco development site.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

(hope that didn't wrap)

Using the "Voice Technology/AVVID" box, select "AXL Soap API"

Charlie

PvanBreda
Level 1
Level 1

Why not implement access codes for long distance and international dialing or maybe just international numbers.

You can setup dial patterns to only allow those calls when an access code is entered. That way you can also use cdr records to look at who made the calls.

it can be something as simple as a 4 digit number.

How to create access code in CCM??

Thats what I want to do to create access code to long distance and international.

I dont want Extension Mobility.

Thanks

You would do it with route patterns.

An example is ->

You want people to dial an access code for local and long distance. So you need to pick 2 numbers one for local access and one for long distance / international access.

So say 9 for local and 4 for long distance.

Then decide how long the access code should be so say 4 digits

So local route pattern would be 9.[2-9]XXXXXX and the route pattern should stip pre dot before sending it to the gateway/route list

So a long distance route pattern would be

4.[0-9]XXX.1XXXXXXX

it should discard no digits in the route pattern but in the long distance route list you would want to drop pre dot. That way the 4 and the 4 digit access code remain in the cdr record.

It will take some planning and also depends on what your telco requirements are for placing calls.

I try to create access code for long distance call, coz we dont care about people to dial local call.

I follow your step to configure route pattern, but I type "4.[0-9]XXX.1XXXXXXXXXX" in route pattern box, it said " Only one dot is allowed". We got 2 dot according your example.

Thanks

My mistake. There should be no dot between the 4 and the open bracket.

As for the phone company that is a good option too.

The difference being if I can do it without the phone company then thats what I do, I prefer not to rely on them.

Why not let your long distance carrier do the work?

Most carriers will implement LD codes for little or

no charge unless you need a huge number of them. If

you are not concerned with auditing employees calls,

you can probably just get one code per department or

management level.

How many network engineers does it take to screw in a light bulb?