cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI and RAS through same port on 2509-RJ

kevtown
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2509-RJ Access Server that I am using to provide connections to my office's customer's extranets from our LAN via POTS. In the interest of consolodating modem resources I want to make it pull triple duty. I'd like for my remote users to be able to gain access to the 2509's CLI through a direct terminal dial-in so that they can use it to telnet to servers on my network. I'd also like the same remote users to be able to establish a PPP connection to my LAN using the same modems. Is it possible to do this? I guess basically I need my users to be able to tell the 2509-RJ to exit from CHAP and provide an ASCII login prompt to access the CLI. If this is possible can someone please provide an example of how it could be done? If you know of a link to some relevant Cisco Documentation that would be even better.

Thanks,

Kevin Townsend

1 Reply 1

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

The topic of this forum is Voice and Video General questions. There are a number of professionals online who may be able to assist you. We are always considering additional forums for such topics and I will make a note of your post.

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.