cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Click-To-Dial/Outlook

letnet
Level 1
Level 1

(Posted this to IP VIdeo by mistake...sorry :-()

Ok - maybe I'm missing something completely...but after installing the Cisco TSP and configruing the Phone/Modem TSP settings to point to my call manager etc...

In order to click-to-dial am I supposed to be able to go into my contacts in Outlook and click on the phone number? I don't see any such options (sorry if this is a complete nobrainer - I'm jsut trying to get click-to-dial in any form working :-)

Also - my logs are showing:

11/01/2001 11:22:03.407 CiscoTSP001.tsp| SelsiusTSP::InitializeComObjects() *ERROR* CoInitializeSecurity() return 0x80010119

11/01/2001 11:22:03.667 CiscoTSP001.tsp| SelsiusTSP::ProviderOpen() *ERROR* Directory login failed. Check user name and login in TSP configuration.

11/01/2001 11:22:04.799 CiscoTSP001.tsp| CSelsiusTSPLink::GetMessage() *ERROR* recv() error=0

For user login in the TSP config I'm using my user account which is associated with my phone and enabled for CTI use...

Am I missing anything????

15 Replies 15

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you able to login to the CCMUser page using the same username and password that you setup in the TSP configuration?

Also, are you using a cluster, and your TSP is configured to login to one of the subscribers? If so then it's possible your directory sync is, well, out of sync. That can be fixed.

Yes, I can log into CCMUser with the same user...

The TSP is configured to log into one of the subscribers.....

How does one check if the directory is out of sync? :-)

- ken

Have you configured a CTI "device" as a shared DN ? From CCM-->Device-->Phone-->Add New--> CTI Port/Device(something like that).

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Before advancing on to outlook, have you tried using phone dialer? Outlook is P*SS poor at handling telephony whereas Phone dialer is a lot better.

The problem you have is very much tied to the login between the TSP client config and the user config (password and userid) in the global directory. What you have configured looks correct but it ain't working.

Double check all the settings even down to changing passwords and the case sensitivity of the login ID, and then test with dialer before attempting outlook.

Oncew you get the outbound working, have a look at www.arcsolutions.com for their screenpop for CM which will pop inbound calls to contacts and works well.

Paul

Ok thanks - are there any specific settings in Phone Dialer to get it to use that TSP? I have the TSP installed and configured and the wave driver installed - but the phone dialer just complains about badly formatted numbers - should something like "Cisco TSP" show up under the phone line dial options in Phone Dialer?

Thanks!

- Ken

OK - I'm not sure if this is what i was supposed to do but in the Phone and Modems CPL applet I set the microsoft h323 TAPI provider H323 gateway to point to the subscriber call manager - now it works except I get one way audio (I can't talk to the remote people - but they can talk to me).

Does this sound fixable? :-)

Also - anyway to get it to dial and then let me pick up my phone :-)

- Ken

One way speech sound like you have not configured an H.323 client on the call manager. I've had this where I've set up a client but not told call manager about it so CM has no idea where to tell the phone to send the UDP stream to.

I hought you were doing phone control (making the handset dial not a PC), can you be a little clearer what you want to achieve.

Paul

Yes, sorry - I was trying to do phone control - that was my real goal - maybe I got lost setting it up...

My original goal was to be able to click on a phone number in Outlook and have it activate my IP Phone to connect me to that number...

Am I off-track to do that? :-)

Thanks!

- Ken

Ken

Here is a quick summary of what you need to do to enable "dial from Outlook" access using CM.

- Configure CM user to "Enable CTI Access"

- Associate phone device (probably your IP Phone) to user.

- Install TSP on local computer. (Access from ccmadmin, Applications, Install Plugins).

- Reboot

- Configure TSP settings - Control Panel, Modems (or Telephony), advanced, Double-click CiscoTSP, on user tab enter username/password as configured in the CallManger above, CTI Manager set to IP of CM

- Reboot again.

- Run Phone Dialer (dialer.exe)

- Click Edit, Options

- Change "Line used for Phone Calls" to be your IP Phone line.

- Click OK

- Open Outlook

- Open Contact you wish to dial

- Click Actions, Call Contact

- Click Start Call

- That's it! Your phone should call the phone number listed. If this works great for you let me know because I'm unfortunately having problems (error messages when I disconnect.)

Enjoy!

Thanks! I did all that - but when I get to dialer, it has only Auto-Select or H323 listed under phone line (not my IP Phone) How should it show up?

I am running Win2K SP2 - can you tell me what OS you've got it working under? (as much as it's working :-)

On the Phone and Modems options Advanced Tab I made all the applicable setting to CiscoTSP001.tsp (and did not change any of the others like Microsoft H.323 TAPI Service Provider, etc.) Does this sound right? Somehow it didn't seem to push a driver to dialer.exe :-(

But i'm really grateful to find someone who has it working in some manner! :-) (If you want to reach me directly also you can get me at kenjohnson@letu.edu)

Thanks!

- Ken

Ken

On the dialer screen, in the window that you can select h.323 or auto select, I believe you can still hit your down scroll button and you should then see the mac address of your phone and the directory number to control. Even though it might not look like you can scroll down if you set every thing else up right you should be able to

Ken Groves

Yeah - that's what I had thought too :-( Alas - it's not there...

I did discover a possible clue...

My TSP logs show:

12/12/2001 19:00:01.421 CiscoTSP001.tsp| SelsiusTSP::InitializeComObjects() *ERROR* CoInitializeSecurity() return 0x80010119

12/12/2001 19:00:01.651 CiscoTSP001.tsp| SelsiusTSP::ProviderOpen() *ERROR* Directory login failed. Check user name and login in TSP configuration.

12/12/2001 19:00:02.712 CiscoTSP001.tsp| CSelsiusTSPLink::GetMessage() *ERROR* recv() error=0

but I am using the same user name and password that logs me into CCMUser just fine (and I have CTI checked on my user).

Does this make sense?

A long time ago TAC had me delete CTI route points and some related things in CM during a MOH troubleshoot - would those affect this? Or should CTI apps work without any CTI routepoints etc... (or do I need to go through some steps to restore any particular lacking CTI functionality?

Thanks for all your help!

- Ken

Hmm...tough one,

FYI - I do have it working (sort of) on Win2K SP2, OfficeXP. I've also had it working with Office 2K.

Keep in mind the username/password is case sensitive in the TSP setting. How many instances did you install? Are you connecting over VPN, or anything similar?

hmm.... the user name is case sensitive? I knew the password was...I'll check - I'm pretty sure the case matches anyway (I'm using the same case that works with CCMUser - but maybe that's not right :-)

FOr what it's worth - the error logs are showing

12/13/2001 15:59:59.594 CiscoTSP001.tsp| ProviderOpenCompletedEvent::Trace

ProviderInfo =

Description = Directory login failed: Directory not initialized.

Which seems odd to me - are there any specific setup requirements for CTI route points, or CTI ports? Does a CTI port have to share a line with the device you want to control? This is the aprt that I'm not sure I've seen documentation on - if there are no specific CTI Route Point and/or CTI route port requirements then I should be fine...

If there are...I've got a couple of each set up - but maybe not correctly :-( :-)

Does anyone that has it working care to send me a screen shot or two of their CTI configs (if relevant?)

(Email kenjohnson@letu.edu - or describe in response perhaps? :-)

Thanks!

- Ken