cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID from DialPeer on H.323 Gateway?

jirka.novak
Level 1
Level 1

I tryed to link our old PBX with CCM. I use FXO port on C1750 and wrote dial-peer

with destination pattern 1234... (we use last three digits as lines on PBX). All works fine.

But when I calling from PBX to IP phone on CCM, I see 'Unknown caller number...'. I would like to see somethink better, somethink like 1234111 (operator's number).

How to do that?

7 Replies 7

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

I think that you have to change the 'UnknownCallerIdText' parameter, in the Service Parameters section, with the value that you would like. I expect that this thing could help you.

Juan Luis Lopez Calabuig

Yes, but it will change text globaly for all unknown calls. But I have two gateways with diferent sources. So I need somethink "smarter". Thanks

Try putting the command:

station-id number 1234111

under the voice-port configuration.

-Dustin

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

Under the POTS dial peer that references the physical voice port, add the following:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 1234...

port 1/0/0

answer address 1234111 <-------- add this

The router will use the answer address of 1234111as the calling number for all inwards (POTS to VOIP) calls.

Just be aware that all calls that come through this port will use the configured answer address.

Thanks, it works.

Is there any option to specify text part of CLID message? In some cases may be usefull to specify not number, but text. Ex. 'cellular gateway call' or something like it.

I just tried adding 'station id name voiceport1/0/0' on the voice port config and ran a H225 asn1 debug and saw the following :

!

voice-port 1/0/0

station-id name VoicePort1/0/0

!

1d01h: H225 NONSTD OUTGOING PDU ::=

value ARQnonStandardInfo ::=

{

sourceAlias

{

}

sourceExtAlias

{

}

displayInformationElement "VoicePort1/0/0"

interfaceSpecificBillingId "FXS 1/0/0"

}

this suggests it is being sent out in the H225 signalling, so it may work, just depends if the CM will do anything with the information or not.

Thanks it works. But to see 'station-id name' you have to set 'station-id number' too.