Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

CLID passing name and phone number

I am trying to send our company's name and phone number via CLID. I have setup the number on the gateway, and that works great. However, i don't see where I can send the company name. Is this a telco issue? Do they have to provide the name? Also, we are not receiving names either. We receive numbers just fine, but no numbers.

Any help would be great!

Geoff

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: CLID passing name and phone number

Did you ever figure this one out???

Bronze

No, i was told that it was a problem with CCM. It has a problem working with the Lucent 5ess protocol that most telcos use. 3.3 is supposed to work better; I sure hope so!!

Geoff

Bronze

I believe this is a Telco issue. We have a Nortel PBX connected to the local CO via PRI's. When we call from a PBX extension to a phone on the local exchange the far end sees "UNIV OF WY plus a 10 digit number". We are not sending Name Display over the PRI's. We have asked QWest for this but there response has been that they do not have the capability at this time. I also have a CM running 3.2(2a) with a VG200 connected to the PBX via PRI. We now have Name Display working between CM and the PBX. It was very difficult to get working as the PBX wants to send the Name display in the Facility Information Element and CM can only recognize the Name display in the Display Information Element.

Cisco Employee

The ONLY time I have ever seen it possible to send out the Display name to telco and have them actually pass it on to the called party is with certain telcos in Canada, using the DMS protocols.

In the US, even if your telco has the newer 5E software which supports the name delivery using Facility IE, that only works in the direction of telco --> customer. This is per the Telcordia specification they are following, which is GR-1367-CORE. The only thing the customer end can theoretically send up to telco is whether they prefer the name to be available or private to the called user... they can't specify which name they'd like to be displayed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content