Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

client matter code and forced authorization code.

what's the difference between these two? It seems they are same. Call the number and enter the code, otherwise you can not complete the call. Thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: client matter code and forced authorization code.

CMC and FAC serves two diff functions. Its true that you enter the wrong code, you cannot complete the call. CMC's purpose is to generate a billing record for every call placed to a particular client, mostly used by businesses who bill back to their clients, based on the number of calls made. FAC on the other hand (even though generates records in CDR) is to block access to a particular calling pattern. The same CMC may be entered for any of the route patterns that are enabled with CMC. The same FAC may be entered for those route patterns whose authorization level is = or < the authorization level of the FAC itself.

So if i have two FACs with auth levels 20 and 30, and if i have FAC enabled on long distance (min auth level 20) and international route patterns (min auth level 30) , i can enter the FAC with auth level 30 for both long distance and international patterns for the call to go through.

With FACs, IPT admin usually have to allocate the code on a per user basis. User 1 doesnt know User2's FAC. With CMC, its usually used by a group of agents who possibly makes a lot of outbound calls to their clients and the code is distributed among users. Each code represents a particular client, so billing reports (CDR) can be pulled at the end of the month based on code and bill that back to client.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Sankar,

Really an excellent answer! You couldn't have explained this any better. You get my 5 points for sure.

Take care,

Rob

Rob,

Appreciate the comments and the points!

This is great stuff Sankar also. Question for you. If I needed to have a user at home, dial into CallManager, hit a CTI route point, then dial the Forced Authorization code, could they make a call then? Is this possible with FAC or CMC, or do I need to have IPCC run a script to control this feature?

Thanks much!

Tcat,

FAC is enforced at route pattern level. So you wont be able to simply create a CTI route point unless the CTI route point forwards to an application such Unity, IPCC etc.

HTH

Sankar.

So I should keep my IPCC setup we did where the caller hits CCM, then the CTI Route point to IPCC where a script kicks off.

"Please enter your pin"

The script then listens for the pin, validates, and gives dial tone. Then the user can basically toll fraud (joking) I mean dial a conference call in Singapore.

The simulation of dialtone will have to be a play prompt or getdigitstring with a prompt step in IPCC. Get digit string step can be used to collect the dialed digits and then send the call out to callmanager & from their to the pstn. Make sure you prefix a 9 to the collected digits. Also the CTI ports should have a CSS that has access to a long distance or international pattern with no FAC programmed.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies