Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clip sound at the end of the system prompt after the mailbox greeting

After the mailbox greeting, at the end of system prompt "you may record at the tone or ...for more option", user hear a very short clip.

CCM 3.22c with patch e.

Unity 3.15 with SQL SP3, ex55.

TSP 6.02

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: clip sound at the end of the system prompt after the mailbox

Are there any app event log errors or warnings? Can messages still be recorded and received?

Under the Prompts folder in the Commserver directory (I think it may be buried deeper), you'll find a bunch of AvBlahblah directories that contain all of the conversation wav files. There's another file, a prompts.ini file, that accompanies those wav files. In that file you'll find the text for each wav file. Look through those prompts.ini files for the wav file that matches the "you may record at the tone" message. Listen to that file on your machine to see if the clipping is there as well. If it is, then the file is obviously corrupt. If not, then we'll need to look a little deeper.

adam

Adam, to Clarify the clip sound is actually on the system tone file. After the greeting is heard and the system prompts you to leave you message the system is clipping the tone and then there is light buzzing noise. We may have a corrupt file but I don't know what file to look for. I think that the file that you directed Shou-yi to look for was the wrong file. Any thoughts??

Rob

Cisco Employee

Chatting with the media guys they tell me the WAV file we actually use for the record beep with Call Manager can be found at "\Commserver\Support\RecordBeep.wav". Check that WAV file out and see if playing it on its own still shows the distortion at the end or if there's a different issue at play.

For Dialogic cards, by the way, the record beep is generated by the card, not by a WAV file - so this only applies to integrations with CM.

I am having the same clipping problem. I also am running CM 3.14b and Unity 3.1

I played the "RecordBeep.wav" from the above location but it's just a "beep" Not the Unity Message that plays after the users greeting. This message is what clips and breaks up.

I saw an earlier post about how the 6608 blade might have a solution, but I do not run with a 6608. I have x2 2620's with the HDV-MFT1.

Where can I find the file that plays after the users greeting?

Cisco Employee

there have been 3 or 4 reports of this and similiar items - none have had anything to do with the WAV files in Unity (beep, prompt or otherwise) somehow getting corrupt. A couple were related to volume issues on the gateway causing "echo" among other things.

If you still want to check out the WAV file itself to exclude that as a possibility, this post talks about the "I'll record your message at the tone..." prompt:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee83e4c/0#selected_message

Well, that didn't eliminate the possibility of it happening to other prompts, but it did eliminate the most common occurance of the prompt that is afflicted.

Thanks I decided that the information given out by that prompt was not neccessary enough to put up with all the complaints.

I found the blank prompt:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvAddrSearch\AvAddrSearchENU003.WAV

and used it to replace the prompt that plays after a standard greeting:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\AvPhGreetENU037.WAV

(the post does not include "ENU" in the file name but that must have been an older version of Unity)

Now there is a few millisecond pause after each greeting and then the beep.

thanks for the help.

joshua

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content