Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clipping heard while PBX transfer call to IP Phone

2851 - 12.3(11)T7

Topology:

PSTN ---- T1 PRI ----- 2851 ----- T1 CAS ---- Panasonic PBX/Phone ------- VOIP ----- Callmanager -- IP Phone.

Setup and Problem:

PSTN user dials main number, call comes in from T1 PRI hits voice-port then to a POTS peer pointing to Panasonic PBX T1 CAS trunk. Receptionst answers the call quality of the conversation between PSTN and Receptionst is fine. Receptionst transfers the call to an IP Phone. Call goes back over the T1 CAS trunk to the 2851 matches the voip peer and forwards the call to callmanager/phone. Assistant picks up the call (transfer of call is completed) but call quality between IP phone and PSTN user is poor meaning the Assistant hear clips during conversation.

If PSTN user calls directly to an IP Phone extension quality is fine.

Waiting on when the problem occurs again so we can capture sh call active voice. Currently under the VOIP Dial peers i have disabled VAD, but still does not help.

Any ideas? is this working as expected? what else should i gather to find the root cause or rectify the problem.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Yavuz

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Clipping heard while PBX transfer call to IP Phone

I too faced this problem sometime back but was told that it is expected behavior.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content