Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster Problems

oksiazek
Level 5
Level 5

Hi ,

I have a Cluster with 2 Call-Manager . But when I go into the Phone Settings , I don't see my cluster . I see only 1 Call-manager Active .

I turn Call Manager 3.1.1 .

Is it normal that my phone see only 1 CCM ????

Thanks

Olivier

3 Replies 3

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

oliver,

check that your call manger group is setup properly ie both call mangers in it and that they are in order of preference as by default only one call manager is put in

hope this helps

dave

Hi Olivier,

if your Call Manager server are configured with DNS name instead of IP address, you need to set the DNS server parameter in the IP phone. Your phone receives the Name or the IP address of the Call Manager that it has to register to. If youre IP phone receives the name of the server, and there is no DNS server address configured in your IP phone, then your IP phone will be unable to register with any Call Manager

asapun
Level 1
Level 1

No, you should be able to see up to 5 Call Managers if you have 5 in place. In your case your phones should show Call Manager 1 as active (that would be your publisher) and Call Manager 2 - Standby (that's your subsciber), considering that you've configured the Call Managers properly.

You have to create a Call Manager Group and select CM ordered by highest prioriy.

Than select that CM Group on the Device Pool.