Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 3.2 and VG200 with E1

lkneschke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I just installed my first Callmanager cluster for a customer. Everything went fine, except the installation of the vg200. It took some time, until i found the right image to use(12.2.2(XM)). After using this image the configuration was very easy(ccm-manager config-download). :)

But now to my problem. If i start the vg200, using this configuration:

hostname mdhl-vg200-2

enable secret mdhl

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 172.17.12.6 255.255.254.0

duplex auto

speed auto

no shutdown

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.17.12.1

line vty 0 4

password mdhl

login

ccm-manager config server 172.17.12.9

ccm-manager config

, the vg200 is downloading it's configuration from the callmanager and is registering fine, with the primary callmanager. show ccm-manager looks fine and the callmanager is also saying, that this interface has registered.

After the download of the configfile, the vg200 save it's configuration as startup-config.

After next reboot, the vg200 is NOT able to register with a callmanager anymore! It's is still downloading it's configuration, show ccm-manager looks also fine(it says it is registered), but if i look at the status page in the callmanager, it says that it is not registered. And if the callmanager thinks, that the vg200 is not registred, i can't use it.

If i apply the configuration above again, its booting up, downloads its configuration and registers fine.

Does some seen something like this?

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the MGCP domain name of this gateway as it appears in CallManager? Make sure since in your VG200 config you have not included the ip domain-name, that you accordingly in CallManager have set the gateway's name to just mdhl-vg200-2

If that is not the problem, you should open up a case withe Cisco TAC. I have not seen this before.