Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CM 3.2 Beep Tone On Second Call

We are using CM 3.2. Users with multiple lines on

phones are not getting beep tones when a new call

comes in on another line when they are already talking on a different line. They are certain they used to get a beep, and logically it sounds as though they should. I tested by adding second line to my phone and got on a call on the first. Someone then called me on the second line, and sure enough it did not beep, so without looking at phone I never would have known another call was coming in. Please help. Nothing has been changed that I know of.

3 REPLIES

Re: CM 3.2 Beep Tone On Second Call

Just a thought. I had this same problem and also lost music on hold at the same time. The solution that I found to be best after calling the TAC and spending a lot of time not getting it fixed. Mostly do to time constraints on me I upgraded to 3.3 this weekend and it has a feature that allows you to select if it beeps or rings when the phone is active. I could not find anything like this in 3.2 Just thought I would mention it.

Thanks, we plan an upgrade eventually to 3.3.3, however not an option at this time.. need to get what was once working, working again. is there something to re-file somewhere maybe? We haven't even loaded new phone loads... its like it suddenly stopped working.. Its critical to get it fixed...

There are a few things I can think of that might lend a fix but nothing definate:

1) Under the properties of the phone in question. Select a DN and then go to the bottom of the Phone/DN configuration page and look at the settings for "Ring Setting Phone Idle" and "Ring Setting Phone Active"

Note the ** next to Ring Setting Phone Idle..if you set that to "Beep" then when any line has a call in progress, a new call on this line will cause a beep.

You need to set that beep paramater for ALL shared lines on the phones in question. Any that do not have that setting, will not beep.

2) Not sure if this would have an effect, but check to see if "Always Use Prime Line" is set to True under the Service Paramaters section for Call Manager. That might cause the phone to always default to the prime line..but again..not sure if that is the case and can't readily check.

Good luck..keep us posted!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content