Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

Cm 3.2 > 3.3 upgrade with AD integration

Dilema:

Upgraded CM from 3.2 to 3.3 This was an AD integrated CM (No DC Directory). When I upgraded the CallManager publisher to 3.3 it defaulted to AD and all was good. (Any idea why I did not have re run the AD Plugin?) I then attempted to install the subscriber. The subscriber upgrade failed because it could not find the publishers directory. It was looking for DC Directory which obviously was not being used on the publisher. I would have thought that the upgrade on the Publisher would default to DC Directory, you could then install the subscriber, then rerun the AD Plugin on the PUB and SUB. What should I do to get the subscriber installed and what if anything did I do incorrectly on the publisher upgrade.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Cm 3.2 > 3.3 upgrade with AD integration

There was a bug in the 3.3(3) install procs that I think (haven't tested yet) was corrected in the sr1 patch file. The release notes for 3.3(3) say you must rerun the AD Plugin after completing the CM upgrade. There was a schema change in going to 3.3(3) so I've been told.

Blue

How though am I supposed to upgrade the Subscriber? When installing CM it looks for DC directory which is not on the publisher because it is using AD.

I think I had the same problem as you when I upgraded.

In my case I tricked the upgrade on the subscriber(after it failed the first time) to think that the DC Directory had been installed. I did this by crashing out of the install before it rolled back and changing a registry setting - I think it was something like status code under Software/Cisco/DC Directory. I then start the subscriber install again and it will detected DC Directory and assumed it was installed.

However this caused me other problems later on so it is not a good idea. (It turns out that even with Active Directory Integration Callmanager uses the DC Directory ldap bits and pieces to query Active Directory)

From what I learnt afterwards, the Publisher install will have installed DC Directory even though it automatically installs the AD Plugin afterwards, but it will just be empty (did you by any chance uninstall the DC Directory or have the service stopped when you did your backup before the upgrade?)

What I would do is...

Somewhere else on this forum I have seen some scripts posted to delete and recreate the Cisco Schema on the Publisher DC Directory. You can do this without a problem because all of your data is in Active Directory.

Then make sure Callmanager knows your new DC Directory password (again there is a tool for this)

Then re-attempt your subscriber installation.

If this is successful you can then run the Active Directory plugin on the Subscriber.

Sorry this is a bit rushed, but I don't have much time.

Good luck

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.