Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CM 3.3.3 and Bandwidth allocation when using Hold

The way Cisco explains this, and the way I read it, is when I make a call to an IP phone the CM will subtract the bandwidth based on the location setting and the codec that is used. And when the call is placed on Hold the bandwidth is added back to the total bandwidth available. While testing this, using the realtime monitor, I never saw the bandwidth added back, yet when I place the call on Park it did add it back. Is this normal behavior for the CM, am I not understanding this correctly, and is there any documentation other than the CM guide about this. I've been searching the CCO and Forum, but no luck. The only thing I've found is this bug - CSCdz59268

Cisco CallManager does not release allocated bandwidth when you place a call on hold from a phone with a share line.

Thanks,

Mark

1 REPLY

Re: CM 3.3.3 and Bandwidth allocation when using Hold

Hi Mkoci,

The bug may well be the problem but when you put callers on hold do they get music on hold, if yes the bandwidth may have been released and reused immediately since moh server is streaming audio also.

The call-park number may be releasing the bandwidth because the network MOH setting is not enabled.

I would look into this first just to make sure but its looking more like you're hitting the bug CSCdz59268 which as been fixed and integrated.

Hope it helps

Regards

Tola.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content