Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CM 3.3.3, DHCP Error

new install of 2 days.. Tonight we encountered some DHCP errors on the DHCP Server.. We run the CM scopes from the publisher.

at 12:00:53 get the following error:

EVENT 1014

DHCPServer

The Jet Database call returned the following error: -510. Addtl debug info: Jetbackup

at 12:00:53

Event 1016

DHCPServer

The dhcp service encountered the following error while backing up the database. An error occurred while accessing the database, look at the DHCP server event log for more info.

at 12:00:54, and constantly from that point the following errors

Event 1014

The Jet Database call returned the following error: -510 Addtl Debug info: CreateClientEntry, Jetupdate.

I stopped and restarted the dhcp error and this did correct the issue and errors, but am wondering what may have caused this all of a sudden. Our backup to tape starts at 2:00am and these errors occurred 2 hours prior to that.

I notice in SERVICES, on the publisher that the DHCP Server service is running and automatic, but the DHCP Client service is disabled. Even though we have been fine for two days with no problem, is that supposed to be on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CM 3.3.3, DHCP Error

The DHCP Client Service is only used IF the server obtains its IP Address as from DHCP. Normally you would have a static IP Address for your call manager.

HTH

D

4 REPLIES

The DHCP Client Service is only used IF the server obtains its IP Address as from DHCP. Normally you would have a static IP Address for your call manager.

HTH

D

the DHCP client service, In addition to being used to allow the server to obtain an ip address from a DHCP server, it also serves another important function in a Win2k environment. It allows a server/pc, even if statically configured, to dynamically update it's address/hostname info in DNS. although it would be easy to minimize the importance of this function in this case, in a very large envrionment this becomes a pretty useful feature.

thank you.. Im really looking to see if anyone has experienced what I experienced before though... its been running fine since I restarted it last night... but without knowing what may have caused the problem, im fearing it can happen again at any time.

I have experienced (not on CCM) this and the casue was, as far as i recall, Virus scanning.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=216793

this suggests to prevent this from recurring, exclude the DHCP directory for your virus scanning programs. If that does not apply i dont know.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content