cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.1(3) Attendant Console Longest Idle?

cjhunt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have AC deployed on the CallManager but calls always seem to go to the first listed user, rather than to the longest idle member.

There are three AC users defined, the system has call-queuing enabled on the AC route-point but allocation of the next call to the next listed AC user only happens if the first one is busy.

Is this a bug or something? I can not find anything on this - all help is welcome!

/CJ

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi CJ,

Just to clarify, does this happen for all new calls? It doesn't sound like any Queueing is coming into play is it?

Here is some information that might help:

Understanding Call Queuing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a8b.html#wp1144562

Hunt Lists and Line Groups

The hunt pilot is typically used for call coverage, or distributing a call through a list of Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) endpoints. For call distribution, you can use a hunt construct. This hunt construct is based upon a three-tiered architecture, similar to that used to route external calls, that allows for multiple layers of call routing as well as digit manipulation.

Cisco CallManager searches for a configured hunt pilot that matches an incoming called number and uses it to select a corresponding hunt list, which is a prioritized list of the available paths for the call. These paths are known as line groups.

From this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a0080447504.html#wp1043936

Hunt Pilot

Hunt pilots are strings of digits and wildcards similar to route patterns, such as 9.[2-9]XXXXXX, configured in Cisco CallManager to route calls to directory numbers. The hunt pilot points directly to a hunt list. Hunt lists point to line groups, which finally point to SCCP endpoints.

Hunt List

A hunt list is a prioritized list of eligible paths (line groups) for call coverage. Hunt lists have the following characteristics:

•Multiple hunt pilots may point to the same hunt list.

•A hunt list is a prioritized list of line groups that function as alternate paths to a given destination. For example, you can use a hunt list to distribute a call within a particular site and use a hunt list to distribute a call at some other remote site.

•Hunt lists do not do any digit manipulation.

•Multiple hunt lists can contain the same line group.

Line Group

Line group members are user extension numbers that are controlled by Cisco CallManager. Thus, when the call is being distributed through the line group members, Cisco CallManager is in control of the call. Hunt options can be applied to the call when it is not answered or if the extension is busy or unregistered.

Line groups control the order in which the call is distributed, and they have the following characteristics:

•Line groups point to specific extensions, which are typically IP phone extensions or voicemail ports.

•A single extension may be present in multiple line groups.

•Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) ports and CTI route points cannot be added within a line group. Therefore, calls cannot be distributed to endpoints controlled through CTI applications such as Cisco Customer Response Solution (CRS), IP Interactive Voice Response (IP IVR), and so forth

•Cisco CallManager distributes calls to the devices according to the distribution algorithm assigned. Cisco CallManager supports the following algorithms:

–Top-down

–Circular

–Longest idle time

–Broadcast

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

Hi Rob,

The info you sent is very useful, I read almost all of the AC page and am happy that I have the system configured correctly,

The symptom is consistently the same - all new calls are coming into the first listed AC user/line member - it's like longest idle is not working and sequential behaviour is apparent.

I have queueing enabled on the pilot point and longest idle is also checked.

I'm going to get onto the system later tonight and double-check through a few things, but I believe it's set-up correctly. The only concerns I have with the set-up are the always-route member which is a shared line which is presented on all three console phones. This should not be a factor here as the other operators' console lines are available.

There is one more thing - the operators' console lines are also MEMBERS of other non-AC hunt groups - is that a problem in your opinion?

I'll post you on what I find tonight - thanks,

/CJ

lbjr
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved, I am having the same issue.

Thanks

Larry

Hi,

No it's not resolved yet, But.... I have some doubts as the AC phones are also members of other hunt groups. I will be trying to take them out of the other hunt lists and seeing whether that makes a dofference. I also intend to try Sr3a as I understand this resolves a lot in that respect...

I'll post soon when I;ve had a chance to check this installtion again.

/Chris

I believe we ended up resolving this one at long last. It took ages before we could revisit this one.

However it turned out that the console phones were indeed members of many other hunt groups and there was also some confusion as to whether calls coming into the shared line (on each phone) were what was causing the problem. The shared line was also implicated in the other hunt groups!

We solved this as follows:- Remove all references to the AC numbers and co-resident shared lines from other non-AC huntgroups.

Double-check with acconfig.bat to ensure longest idle was set (it WASN'T as someone had changed this without telling me) and then restarting the whole Call Manager - just to be sure.

Looks okay now.

/Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: