Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

CM 5.0(3) AXL Request

Greetings - Has anyone successfully ran the example Java code in the AXL programming guide for the getPhone AXL request? The url of the guide is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_usage_guide_chapter09186a00806ea5cf.html

When I run the java code i get no response from the server as the output is empty. The only change i'm making is to change the 'localhost' to the IP of my axl server and the user authentication in the src example.

Any help, direction, (or working code ;) ) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

11 REPLIES

Re: CM 5.0(3) AXL Request

Well.. have you tried to debug? On which line do you first notice a problem? There are various ways things fail:

- connection cannot be established

- connection established but server doesn't like your request (in that case you get a http error code back and depending on the code an additional message)

- there's a problem executing your request

Thanks! - but i think i may have solved it. 5.0(3) bundles more example code that is a much better starting point that the other document i referenced.

What was your solution. I am having the same problem with 5.0(1). The connection sets up fine, but I get no response.

Hello,

I have also tried different code (in C#) to query AXL SOAP at port 8443 and URL /axl/ but always got an empty answer from AXL.

JML

Try port 80, and have Ethereal/Wireshark running to see what is sent and what comes back.. perhaps your request is already improperly formed, or you're not properly authenticating yourself. Since HTTPs is now used (even mandatory I believe), if you don't do the SSL negotiation, it will also never work. The documentation gives you a few pointers on how to create a dummy SSL authentication in Java. with a .net environment, just connect to the CCM and import that certificate.. since the .NET runtime shares those things with IE, saving the certificate permanently should do the trick.

Finally, it works now on port 8443 doing HTTP Post with HttpRequest (C#). The tricks is to set http protocol version to 1.0. Do not ask me why !

Best regards,

JM Lacoste

Finally, the problem of protocol version is due to the fact that by default, on HTTP 1.1, Microsoft implementation always send a 100 CONTINUE request.

The Web Service implementation on Tomcat do not look to support that.

It is possible to disable '100 Continue' by setting default ServicePointManger property in C#.

Rgds,

JML

You can disable the 100 Continue as shown in this code sample for .NET 2 (VS 2005)

ServicePointManager.Expect100Continue = false;

ServicePointManager is defined in System.Net and just place it before the call to WebRequest.Create

Chris

Does anyone have any working Java code for this? I am getting Certificate invalid errors here :S

Did you have a look at the sample AXL code that comes with Call Manager 5 (the axlsql toolkit)? It contains an example on how to deal with certificates (by basically ignoring them as you'll never will have a valid and signed certificate anyway) - if you follow the example, you shouldn't have any problems with the certificates.

Hi jmlacoste ,

Iam also facing the problem in CCM 5.0, to access the RisPort webservice to get the devicelistX (device information) can u send me sample code(reuest message to ccm 5.0) for me. my mail id ravindra.trb@gmail.com

iam will wait for ur reply.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Ravindra

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content